måndag, augusti 22, 2005

J-horror


The wave of horror movies from Japan and re-makes from the States has been a good thing for the horror films.

I saw One missed call the other day. Good movie. It has a more western feel to it (you get to see the monster more and a higher body count). It was interesting to see. I liked the american re-makes of The Ring and The Grudge maybe even more than the japanese originals. They have a bit faster pace. I have not seen the Dark waters re-make yet. I really liked the original. We will see.

One film I hope they won't do an american version of is Uzumaki (Spiral). The slow and very wierd feeling of the movie would be lost. I really want to read the mangabooks.

I made a drawing combining different elements from the j-horror movies. It turned out quite nice. I look forward to doing some more Sadaku drawings. All that hair and wierd fingers...

1 kommentar:

Anonym sa...

Remakes have been good for business although they haven't been very faithful to the source material. Check out Tales From The Dead, talesfromthedead.com for original J-Horror shot in the United States!